We’re one of Stonewalls Top Global Employers for LGBT staff
- We’ve been recognised by Stonewall as one of the top 12 global multinational employers for lesbian, gay, bi and trans staff
- The list is compiled from submissions to the Global Workplace Equality Index, a powerful benchmarking tool used by employers to create inclusive workplaces across the markets in which they operate
Today, we’re pleased to announce that Stonewall have named us as one of 12 Top Global Employers for lesbian, gay, bi and trans staff.
The list recognises employers who are making real strides in achieving LGBT equality and looks at the below key areas and some of the progress we’ve made against them:
- Employee policy – in 2015 global policies were updated to become truly inclusive of sexual orientation and gender identity
- Training – we’ve launched a number of training programmes to challenge employee’s behaviours including unconscious bias training and our code of conduct training
- Staff engagement – annually across Vodafone we hold global webinars hosted and attended by senior leaders, local Pride events, plus events hosted by our 15 LGBT+ Friends networks
- Leadership – we have LGBT executive sponsors across our markets who provide senior sponsorship on LGBT matters locally, support local LGBT strategies and work with key customer facing stakeholders to understand the needs of LGBT customers
- Procurement – when awarding contracts, we ensure that the suppliers and providers adhere to our commitment to sexual orientation and gender identity
- Community engagement – markets have taken bold steps to incorporate LGBT themes in advertising campaigns including Germany’s transgender campaign and Italy’s ‘Power to Kisses’ campaign, plus during Pride weeks we actively engage retail and the front line to come out in support. Across markets we also have many partnerships with LGBT charities including NSPCC, Australian Marriage Equality, and Colour Youth Greece,
- Global Mobility – all employees who travel and work internationally receive travel and security information for a given country. Partner will International SOS, LGBT Travel safety webinars
These are just some of the areas where we have been recognised by Stonewall – and we are still going. We have recently launched a number of training programmes in partnership with Stonewall and OUTstanding. Our front line is due to undergo LGBT training in the coming months and we have recently launched the Mx field in Siebel (our UK CRM tool) The MX field is a gender neutral title used by those who don’t describe themselves as male or female.
“Vodafone, and all of our Top Global Employers, have demonstrated a real commitment to ensuring that all lesbian, gay, bi and trans staff and stakeholders feel included at work. These businesses truly are at the forefront of driving global LGBT inclusion in the workplace, and between them reach over 1.5 million people” Ruth Hunt, Chief Executive, Stonewall
At Vodafone we’re proud to offer equal opportunities regardless of race, nationality, cultural background, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religious or political belief. We can only leverage this diversity by building an inclusive culture where everyone is respected, can be themselves and strive to be their best. That way we can build a better future for our employees, our partners, the communities we work in and our customers.
For more information, subscribe to the LGBT+ Friend Yammer page and ensure you dial in to our Global LGBT+ webinar, hosted by Vittorio Colao, on Thursday 6 July at 8:30am UK time. Click to add to calendar.
View previous press releases